Departments and Senior Management
Cowra Council's Senior Management Team consists of:
Mr Paul Devery - General Manager
Ms Kate Alberry - Director of Environmental Services
- Health, building and regulatory services, planning and development, Ranger Services
Mr Dirk Wymer - Director of Infrastructure and Operations
- Water, sewerage, roads, parks and gardens, airport, aquatic centre
Mr Michael Jones - Director of Corporate Services
- Finance, rates and water billing, art gallery, civic centre, community events
A leading, innovative and creative community, proud of our place in history, offering opportunity with the best of country living.
In all our dealings we will...
- Show and grow leadership
- Be positive and work together
- value each other and what we have
- create opportunities for our next generations.
Council Civic Crest
The crest portrays local rock outcrops with an eagle atop to represent “Cowra Rocks”, the site of the river crossing that became known as Cowra, and Mulyan, the aboriginal name for eagle.
The logo represents a stylised classical Japanese pagoda that symbolises the enduring ties between Cowra and Japan. These ties began with the internment of thousands of Japanese prisoners of war at Cowra during World War II and the tragic Cowra breakout in August 1944. The repetitious uneven line work of the logo; refined in shape and colour; represents that art of calligraphy and also symbolise canola crops in bloom; pastures and the waterways of the Lachlan River and Wyangala Dam; and the wings of an eagle. The logo also recognises the strong indigenous culture in Cowra and acknowledge the original custodians of the land.