Recently the NSW Government announced a $500 million NSW Emergency Drought Relief Package to help farmers manage the effects of the current drought.
There are three major elements of package:
- $190 million for Drought Transport Subsidies
- $100 million for cutting the cost of farming fees and charges – by waiving Local Land Services rates (2019), waiving fixed water charges in rural and regional areas (Water NSW), waiving class one agricultural vehicle registration costs, and waiving interest charges for existing Farm Innovation Fund loans for the 2017/18 and 2018/19 financial years
- $150 million to bolster the Farm Innovation Fund (FIF) infrastructure program
The package also includes funding for:
- Counselling and mental health
- Critical services in regional communities including transporting water and drought related road upgrades and repairs
- Animal welfare and stock disposal
For more information visit www.droughthub.nsw.gov.au or call the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593.