Cowra Council’s public access policy is governed by the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act) which replaced the Freedom of Information Act 1989 (NSW).
- created new rights to information that are designed to meet community expectations of more transparent and accountable government;
- means State and Local Government agencies are releasing to the public more information than ever.
More information concerning your right to information and how to access NSW Government information can be found on the Information and Privacy Commission website: http://www.ipc.nsw.gov.au
Accessing Council Information
Cowra Council currently provides a range of information under the GIPA Act and is progressively adding more information to our website. Currently, the following documents are available under Schedule 1 Part 2 Section 1 (1) of the Government Information Public Access Regulations 2009.
- Code of Conduct
- Code of Meeting Practice
- Annual Report Including 2015/16 Annual Financial Statements
- Policy - Section 94 Contributions Plan 2016
- Policy - Section 94A Contributions Plan 2016
- Cowra Shire Council - Financial Statements
- Operational Plan (including budget, revenue policy and fees and charges), Delivery Program & Long Term Financial Plan
- Community Strategic Plan 2017–2036
- 2017/2018 Revenue Policy for all current fees and charges
- Investment Portfolio
- State of the Environment Report
- Council's policy concerning the payment of expenses incurred by, and the provision of facilities to Councillors.
- Workforce Plan 2012-2014
- Noxious Weed Management Plan — Class 4
- Development Applications (within the meaning of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979) including: applications that have not been determined, records of approvals granted, any variation from local policies with reasons for the variation, and decisions made on appeals concerning approvals.
- Cowra Cultural Plan 2014-2018
- Sport and Recreation Plan 2015/2016 - 2019/2020
- Planning Decisions Votes Register 2016-2017
- Cultural Facilities, Resources, Icons,Treasures and Historical items
- Heavy Vehicle Routes
- Cowra Sculptrue Park Master Plan 2016
EPA Information - WTP / STP / Saleyards / Quarries / Materials Recycling Facility
For enquiries or complaints relating to Council's EPA Licenced facilities, please contact us (02) 6340 2000.
- STP Analytical Results
- WTP Anyalytical Results
- WTP Daily Flow Data
- Saleyards Analytical Results
- Pollutant Monitoring Results - Holmwood Quarry
- Pollutant Monitoring Results - Houghton's Quarry
- Pollutant Monitoring Results - Gospel Oak Quarry
- Pollution Incident Response Management Plan - Cowra Gospel Oak Quarry
- Pollution Incident Response Management Plan - Cowra Holmwood Quarry
- Pollution Incident Response Management Plan - Cowra Houghtons Quarry
- Pollution Incident Response Management Plan - Water Treatment Plant (WTP)
- Pollution Incident Response Management Plan - Sewage Treatment Plant (STP)
- Pollution Incident Response Management Plan - Saleyards
- Pollution Incident Response Management Plans - MRF
- MRF Sep 2015_ Feb 2016 water samples
- MRF Monitoring Points
- Pesticide Notification Plan
GIPA Disclosure Log
A Disclosure Log is a record containing details of Government information already released under GIPA Act. A Disclosure Log is part of the open access information that Cowra Council is required to make publicly available.
Disclosure Logs provide access to information for people who want the same or similar information as previous applicants and would otherwise have to make formal access applications. A Disclosure Log also helps Council to identify information that could be proactively released.