Cowra Council’s public access policy is governed by the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act) which replaced the Freedom of Information Act 1989 (NSW).
- created new rights to information that are designed to meet community expectations of more transparent and accountable government;
- means State and Local Government agencies are releasing to the public more information than ever.
More information concerning your right to information and how to access NSW Government information can be found on the Information and Privacy Commission website: http://www.ipc.nsw.gov.au
Accessing Council Information
Cowra Council currently provides a range of information under the GIPA Act and is progressively adding more information to our website. Currently, the below documents are available under Schedule 1 Part 2 Section 1 (1) of the Government Information Public Access Regulations 2009. To make a GIPA Application to Council, please use the Application - Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009.
EPA Information - WTP / STP / Saleyards / Quarries / Materials Recycling Facility
For enquiries or complaints relating to Council's EPA Licenced facilities, please contact us (02) 6340 2000.
- Water Treatment Plant (WTP) Analytical Results
- Water Treatment Plant ( WTP) Daily Flow
- Sewer Treatment Plant (STP) Analytical Results
- Saleyards Analytical Results
- Polluton Monitoring Results - Holmwood Quarry
- Pollution Monitoring Results - Houghton's Quarry
- Pollution Monitoring Results - Gospel Oak Quarry
- Pollution Incident Response Management Plan - Cowra Gospel Oak Quarry
- Pollution In cident Response Management Plan - Cowra Holmwood Quarry
- Pollution Incident Response Management Plan- Cowra Houghtons Quarry
- Pollution Incident Response Management Plan - Water treatment Plant ( WTP)
- Pollution Incident Response Management Plan - Sewer Treatment Plant (STP)
- Pollution Incident Response Management Plan - Saleyards
- Pollution Incident Response Management Plan - Material Recycling Facility (MRF)
- MRF Analytical Results 2015 - 2016
- Material Recycling Facility (MRF) Anyalytical Results
- MRF Monitoring Points
- Pesticide Notification Plan
GIPA Disclosure Log
A Disclosure Log is a record containing details of Government information already released under GIPA Act. A Disclosure Log is part of the open access information that Cowra Council is required to make publicly available.
Disclosure Logs provide access to information for people who want the same or similar information as previous applicants and would otherwise have to make formal access applications. A Disclosure Log also helps Council to identify information that could be proactively released.