What is the Cowra Youth Council?
The Cowra Youth Council (CYC) is a Committee of young people established by Cowra Council in 2011.
The Cowra Youth Council is made up of two Councillors (currently Cr Judi Smith and Cr Peter Wright), the Community Projects Officer, and up to twelve young people aged 12-24yrs that reside or attend school within the Cowra Shire.
Youth Councillors will be appointed to the CYC for a 14 month term commencing in November 2018. Many members choose to stay involved with the Youth Council for several years.
What does the Cowra Youth Council do?
• Take a leadership role in the planning and organisation of events for young people, including local Youth Week celebrations, Premiere Cinema screenings and music events;
• Provide a forum for young people to have a say on issues important to them;
• Participate in community life and support other youth organisations and services;
• Provide comments and suggestions on local government policies and programs for youth;
• Represent the youth of Cowra at selected local and State youth forums.
• Participating in monthly meetings on the third Monday of the month from 3.30-5.00pm at Council offices;
• Contributing to planning and running youth events in the Cowra Shire.
Apply now for the 2021 Cowra Youth Council!
Cowra Youth Council is now looking for enthusiastic young people to join our team for 2021. For our 2021 Youth Council brochure, click here.
if you’d like to get involved in running youth events in Cowra and want to make a difference in your community, then the Youth Council may be the place for you.
Applications should be submitted by 4.30pm, Monday 30 November. For a 2021 Youth Council application form, click here.
Check-out our Facebook page for a taste of the activities we get involved in.